Janet is a Partner in Mishcon Private.
Her practice centres on commercial disputes for a wide variety of clients including high profile individuals, HNWI's, successful entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, families and family offices. These claims are invariably complex, high value, usually multi-jurisdictional and often include allegations of fraud.
Janet has significant in-depth experience of director/shareholder claims, wide-ranging business and partnership disputes, trusts issues and large-scale contractual matters across a wide range of sectors. She is experienced in the issuing and defending of freezing injunctions and asset protection.
Janet is a member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association. She is a mentor for the start-ups taking part in Mishcon's The Leap 100 programme.
- Acting for Edward Wojakovski in relation to proceedings brought against him in relation to the operation of the Tonstate Group of companies [BL-2018-000544]
- Acting for John Caudwell, founder of Phones4U, and Signia Wealth Limited in relation to proceedings concerning the dismissal of Natalie-Dauriac as CEO of Signia Wealth [HC-2015-003085]
- Acting for the BVI entity Marsfield in a £50million restitution claim arising out of a failed joint venture with Ecomotive to develop Range Extended Electric Vehicle trucks and buses for sale in Russia and China. (Marsfield Automotive Inc v Kamal Siddiqi EWHC 187 (Comm))
- Acting for various members of the Dellal family in a significant, high profile family dispute brought under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 (Dellal v Dellal and Others  EWHC 907 (Fam)).
- Representing private individuals in a multi-jurisdictional shareholder dispute over a Cayman investment fund which involved the setting aside of a worldwide freezing order and proprietary injunction, in part on the basis that the claims were likely to be barred by the "no reflective loss" principle (Sukhoruchkin v van Bekestein  EWCA Civ 399)
- Acting for a major shareholder in a significant shareholder dispute relating to the SPV for the construction of one of the most iconic buildings on the London skyline.
- Advising a substantial private equity limited partnership in regards to a partnership dispute relating to the operation of its carried interest scheme.
- Acting for a successful family property development partnership, to settle a long-running dispute between the partners.
- Acting for a high net worth individual in a negligence claim against a French bank relating to the dematerialisation of share certificates.
- Acting for number of clients in both presenting and defending minority shareholder petitions.
- Advising individuals with regards to alleged breaches of director duties.
- Acting for a substantial high net worth family in relation to a number of disputes, including a major fraud claim against a former senior employee, leading to the obtaining of a Civil Restraint Order.
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Counsel, Taylor Wessing LLP
Associate, Taylor Wessing LLP
Solicitor, Lyons Davidson LLP