Janet is a Legal Director in Mishcon Private. Her practice centres on commercial disputes for successful entrepreneurs and owner-managed businesses. These claims are complex, high value, usually multi-jurisdictional and often include allegations of fraud. Janet has in-depth experience of director/shareholder claims, partnership disputes, trust and succession issues and large-scale contract disputes across a wide range of sectors. Her clients are generally high profile and/or high net worth individuals, corporations, families or family offices.
Janet is a member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association.
- Acting for various members of the Dellal family in a significant, high profile family dispute brought under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 (Dellal v Dellal and Others  EWHC 907 (Fam)).
- Acting for the BVI entity Marsfield in a £50million restitution claim arising out of a failed joint venture with Ecomotive to develop Range Extended Electric Vehicle trucks and buses for sale in Russia and China. (Marsfield Automotive Inc v Kamal Siddiqi EWHC 187 (Comm))
- Representing private individuals in a multi-jurisdictional shareholder dispute over a Cayman investment fund which involved the setting aside of a worldwide freezing order and proprietary injunction, in part on the basis that the claims were likely to be barred by the "no reflective loss" principle (Sukhoruchkin v Van Bekestein  EWCA Civ 399)
- Acting for a major shareholder in a significant shareholder dispute relating to the SPV for the construction of one of the most iconic buildings on the London skyline.
- Advising a substantial private equity limited partnership in regards to a partnership dispute relating to the operation of its carried interest scheme.
- Acting for a successful family property development partnership, to settle a long-running dispute between the partners.
- Acting for a high net worth individual in a negligence claim against a French bank relating to the dematerialisation of share certificates.
- Acting for number of clients in both presenting and defending minority shareholder petitions.
- Advising individuals with regards to alleged breaches of director duties.
- Acting for a substantial high net worth family in relation to a number of disputes, including a major fraud claim against a former senior employee, leading to the obtaining of a Civil Restraint Order.
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Counsel, Taylor Wessing LLP
Associate, Taylor Wessing LLP
Solicitor, Lyons Davidson LLP