James is a Partner in the Real Estate department. He has extensive experience of real estate transactions advising a wide variety of clients on risk and making sure the property aspects of transactions are aligned with their business plans and strategies.
He is highly regarded by clients for his positive commercial approach, responsiveness, creativity and deal-making ability at the cutting edge of the market. He has been praised for being “more helpful in 15 minutes than all other enquiries put together.” James is ranked in the Hall of Fame in Legal 500.
During his career, he has built a reputation for handling real estate transactions that need that extra commercial drive reducing complex problems to straightforward decisions.
- Acting for owners and occupiers of research, science and technology parks and spaces on their leasing, development and investment work.
- Acting for energy companies and landowners securing and developing all manner of sites/infrastructure (including solar, battery, wind turbines, biogas and more).
- Acting for entrepreneurial clients on property investments, in particular buying, selling and leasing buildings or land using bespoke structures.
- Acting for national and international businesses buying, selling, leasing, investing, growing and taking space in the UK or elsewhere in the world as part of strategic business plans or connected with corporate deals.
- Advising on flex space management agreements and leasing and occupier agreements.
- Acting for landowners and developers on strategic developments and promotion agreements.
- The acquisition, disposal and restructuring of property portfolios.
- All manner of Real Estate matters for clients of Mishcon Future.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Taylor Vinters LLP
Partner, Ashtons Legal
Associate, Slaughter and May
King's College London