Jack is an Associate in the International Arbitration team in the Dispute Resolution department.
His practice focuses on a range of commercial and investor-state arbitrations across a variety of jurisdictions. He has participated in proceedings governed by all major arbitral rules including ICSID, ICC, UNCITRAL and LCIA as well as ad-hoc arbitration.
His broader practice involves disputes with an international and/or political element. He is currently part of the team working on the class action lawsuit brought against Facebook on behalf of the Rohingya people.
Prior to joining Mishcon, Jack interned at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in the Hague with the Defence Counsel for Radovan Karadžić.
- Acting for an international natural resources company in multi-billion dollar arbitration with its former joint venture partner (LCIA, London) and a related ICSID arbitration against a West African state. The LCIA arbitration also included challenge and set aside proceedings in the English courts.
- Acting for a US engineering contractor in connection with a challenge to an Arbitration Award under section 68 of the English Arbitration Act following an arbitration against one of its sub-contractors (Technology and Construction Court, London).
- Acting for a Syrian subcontractor in a dispute with a Chinese state-entity contractor over a desalination power plant in Saudi Arabia (ICC, London).
- Advising on reputational issues for a party political donor.
- Acting for a high-profile public figure in relation to defamatory allegations made in a broadsheet newspaper.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya LLP
BPP Law School, GDL; LPC
University of Leeds, BA Arabic and Middle East Studies