Harry is a litigator in Mishcon Private. He acts on a range of complex, often multi-jurisdictional, disputes, many of which have a reputational and/or political element. His practice covers all aspects of reputation protection, including defamation, privacy, harassment and data protection. He has a particular interest in the regulation of online content – he is leading the firm's response to the Online Safety Bill and is advising clients on how they can prepare for its introduction. He also acts on a range of commercial, regulatory, human rights and public law disputes.
Harry co-leads Purpose Litigation, a project being developed by Mishcons to identify, build and run claims that drive positive societal change. He has day to day management of the claim against Facebook on behalf of the Rohingya people, and is acting for Azeem Rafiq in his fight against racism in cricket.
Harry co-leads the firm's relationship with Queen Mary University on the SPITE project, which provides pro-bono legal advice to victims of revenge porn.
- Regularly acting for high profile clients in defamation claims against newspapers and online publications.
- Obtaining urgent privacy and/or harassment injunctions on behalf of companies and individuals.
- Acting for clients in claims under the GDPR, and making Data Subject Access Requests.
- Acting for politically exposed clients against due diligence organisations (e.g. World Check, Bridger).
Public law, Regulatory and Human Rights Litigation
- Acting for the Rohingya people against Facebook.
- Acting for Azeem Rafiq in relation to the England and Wales Cricket Board's proceedings against Yorkshire County Cricket Club.
- Representing a client seeking to persuade Parliament to include a public interest defence to the Official Secrets Act.
- Representing a prominent UK politician in relation to an ethics enquiry.
- Acting for Leave.EU in relation to an enquiry by the Electoral Commission.
- Acting for a high profile charity in relation to an investigation by the Charity Commission.
- Acting for Russian clients in a multi-billion dollar multi-jurisdictional family dispute.
- Acting for Russian, Ukrainian and Georgian clients in high value High Court cases and arbitrations.
- Representing clients in two high profile and valuable fraud claims against a prominent auction house.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
Trinity College Dublin, Politics & Philosophy