Hannah is a Managing Associate in Mishcon Private, specialising in Immigration. She advises both high net worth individuals and businesses on a range of UK Immigration matters, covering the Points Based System, ancestry visas, European free movement rights, long residence applications, family based applications, and litigation matters in the Immigration Tribunal. Many of Hannah's clients' personal circumstances rarely fit neatly into obvious immigration categories, and therefore many of her cases are of an exceptional, complex and multi-jurisdictional nature.
Hannah is also part of the firm's Tier 2 business immigration group advising clients in relation to corporate immigration matters. She has assisted both employees and employers with Tier 2 sponsor licence applications, including the prevention of illegal working through the conduct of audits to ensure compliance with Legal Right to Work Checks and immigration processes within company HR systems.
Many of her clients wish to obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK and subsequent British citizenship. This often involves complex matters such as excess absences from the UK requiring the exercise of discretion by the Home Office in relation to such applications. As a result Hannah is required to assist with the provision of long term strategic advice, as well as establishing links and connections with the UK for such clients.
Hannah regularly assists clients with second citizenship applications and has spent time in both St Kitts & Nevis and Malta regarding their economic citizenship programmes.
Hannah represents the Mishcon Immigration Group at the Home Office's Business User Forum, liaising with the Home Office on key developments and issues affecting clients.
- Advising on immigration solutions for High Net Worth individuals, their families and staff;
- Working on an appeal in the Immigration Tribunal for a High Net Worth Tier 1 (Investor) client regarding the issue of sole responsibility in relation to her children;
- Advising on Tier 1 (Investor) application, in particular using the Super Premium category and accelerated settlement under this route;
- Helping Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) clients demonstrate the legitimacy of their applications in order to meet the genuineness test;
- Advising on EEA Family Permit and Residence Card applications;
- Advising on complex citizenship applications for unmarried partner of persons settled in the UK;
- Working on various complex naturalisation cases, including excess absences from the UK;
- Advising on a UK ancestry application for a client with previous refusals;
- Advising on immigration solutions for companies and their employees;
- Working on exceptional and restricted Certificates of Sponsorship;
- Advising on the prevention of illegal working including the conduct of mock audits at client premises;
- Advising clients in respect of various second citizenship programmes;
- Working closely with key contacts within the Home Office in relation to discretionary applications outside of the Immigration Rules, as well as expediting applications for business and compassionate reasons.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
BBP Holborn - Legal Practice Course
University of Kent, Canterbury - Law LLB