Emily is a Partner in Mishcon Private. Her practice centres on complex commercial cases and she acts for a wide range of clients including individuals, families, companies and not for profit organisations. She has experience across a range of commercial disputes and in a variety of forums, often acting for international clients in complex and multi-faceted disputes. In particular she has experience in breaches of contract, confidence and fiduciary duty, fraud claims and shareholder disputes.
As a key part of her offering, Emily acts as a trusted advisor to her clients - assisting with any dispute that might arise including issues between partners (business and romantic), disputes over gifts/loans, problems involving privacy and data protection or issues with friends and family.
Notably, Emily acted for Gina Miller in both of her successful landmark constitutional judicial review cases against the government – the first in 2016 in relation to parliamentary approval of the triggering of Article 50 and the second in 2019 in relation to the legality of the Prime Minister's prorogation of parliament.
Emily is a trustee of the Book Bus Foundation, a charity that is working to improve child literacy rates in Africa, Asia and South America by providing children with books and the inspiration and skills to read them.
Acted for Gina Miller in two high profile and successful judicial review claims against the government – the first in 2016 in relation to parliamentary approval of the triggering of Article 50 and the second in 2019 in relation to the legality of the Prime Minister's prorogation of parliament Miller & Anor, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union (Rev 3)  UKSC 5 and R (on the application of Miller) v The Prime Minister  UKSC41)
- Advised a multinational company in relation to a dispute with a former advisor concerning breach of confidence, breach of contract, defamation and conflicts of interest. The claim settled early on in proceedings and on favourable terms to the client.
- Represented an international mining company in relation to multiple cross jurisdictional disputes involving the expropriation of its assets, including advising in relation to arbitration (LCIA and ICSID) and judicial review proceedings.
- Advised a company shareholder and chairman in relation to a claim brought against him by a former shareholder and business partner. The complex claim, which involved Cypriot, Russian and English law elements, included claims for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented a high profile politician in defending a defamation claim.
- Advised a private individual in relation to complex privacy and blackmail issues.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
BPP Law School
Durham University, Politics and History BA (Hons)