Emilia is a Managing Associate in the Private Wealth Disputes Team in the Private department.
She has experience of contentious trust work with particular expertise in advising and representing corporate and individual trustees and beneficiaries. Emilia's work ranges from high value, complex, and hostile litigation through to acting for trustees in applications to court. She has recently litigated in England, Jersey, Cayman, Hong Kong, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland.
Emilia is an affiliate member of STEP. She is a committee member of ConTrA (the Contentious Trusts Association).
Emilia has contributed articles to Trusts & Estates Law & Tax Journal and Trusts & Trustees.
- MN v OP – acting for a beneficiary in the context of a variation of trust application and seeking anonymity.
- Acting for two beneficiaries of a Liechtenstein foundation in seeking to obtain information as to the assets of the foundation.
- Advising a beneficiary in relation to an inter-generational Will trust dispute where the Will trust holds investment companies thought to be worth approximately £50 million.
- Acting for new trustee in relation to refusal by outgoing trustee to vest trust assets and hand over control to new trustee. Trust governed by Nevis law with assets held in Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Jersey and South Africa.
- Representing litigation friend of minor and unborn beneficiaries in relation to amendment of trust deed in respect of a significant landed estate.
- Advising charity residuary beneficiary of estate of high net worth individual with matter involving claims of undue influence, questions regarding capacity and issues of conflicts of interest.
Articles and Publications
- 'Trust deeds: Filling in the blanks', Trusts & Estates Law and Tax Journal, March 2018
- 'Not guaranteed: departing trustees' rights of retention', November 2017
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Taylor Wessing LLP
Associate, Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co LLP
Trainee, Lawrence Graham LLP
LPC, College of Law, London
GDL, BPP Law School, London
BA (Hons) History, Durham University