Daniel is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution department.
His practice focuses on international arbitration work across a range of sectors including energy and infrastructure, commodities trading, construction, and shareholder disputes.
He has acted for high net-worth individuals and prominent financial institutions in disputes relating to finance and banking, insurance, and real estate matters.
Daniel is ranked as a Recommended Lawyer for International Arbitration by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2024.
Daniel is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Acting for an American oil and gas exploration company in an arbitration against a state-owned energy company arising from the transfer of operatorship in an Indonesian oil and gas development block.
- Acted for an oilfield services company in an arbitration against a Chinese offshore engineering company relating to the design and construction of jack-up drilling rigs.
- Acted for a subsidiary of a Singapore-listed company in two arbitrations relating to a back-to-back sale of biodiesel fuel. The arbitrations involved issues of fraud relating to shipping documents and expert evidence on trade finance and Chinese customs laws.
- Acted for a Vietnamese national in an arbitration against Singapore and Malaysian companies relating to a share sale and purchase agreement.
- Acted for a bank in proceedings before the Singapore High Court to enforce its security against a prominent oil-trader that fraudulently induced the bank to finance its trades.
- Advised a bank in a claim against its insurer under a Banker's Blanket Bond for losses suffered due to unrecovered receivables under a trade financing facility.
- Advised a bank on its claim against a prominent commodities trader to recover monies paid pursuant to fraudulent tolling arrangements of metal commodities.
- Advised a prominent construction and materials company in a corruption probe relating to its bid for projects to develop a major tourist attraction.
- Conducted investigations for a bank on the possibility of internal fraud in its overseas branch in relation to letters of credit issued to finance a customer's oil-trading activities.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Drew & Napier LLC
National University of Singapore, Bachelor of Law (LLB)