Daniel is an Associate in the Real Estate department specialising in contentious construction law. He advises on all stages of construction disputes, including pre-action, through the courts (including the Technology and Construction Court), adjudications and various forms of alternative dispute resolution including mediation.
Daniel's clients include property owners, developers, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants. He is a member of the Society of Construction Law.
- Acting for a firm of offshore infrastructure engineers and contractors in a claim arising from the manufacture of components for a high-profile offshore windfarm project.
- Advising the numerous residents of a well-known development in north London in a claim against the original developer and various other parties for defective works including fire safety issues.
- Representing a large asset management company in complex multi-party proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court regarding fire safety issues (including defective cladding and cavity barriers).
- Acting for a PLC housing contractor in multiple adjudications against a housing association.
- Advising an asset management company on claims under a building warranty insurance policy arising from various breaches of Building Regulations and fire safety regulations.
- Acting on behalf of a specialist purpose built student accommodation developer in disputes with a contractor and various subcontractors.
- Acting for a large student accommodation provider in complex multi-party proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court regarding fire safety issues (including defective cladding and cavity barriers).
- Advising developers on final account claims, extensions of time and loss and expense.
- Representing the trustees of a large family trust on various claims arising from defective works and negligent property management of a prominent residence in central London.
- Advising a luxury interior design company in claim against their clients concerning the scope of their appointment and non-payment of fees.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, RCB LLP
Associate, Cubism Law
Trainee Solicitor, Cubism Law