Dan is a Managing Associate in the Family Department. He specialises in all aspects of contentious and non-contentious family law often with an international element. He has particular expertise in the financial consequences of marital and relationship breakdown and issues relating to child contact, residence and international relocation. Dan also advises on pre and post marital and cohabitation agreements.
Dan has solid litigation experience but is equally adept at reaching solutions through alternative avenues including negotiation, mediation and Arbitration. He is one of a relatively small number of family law solicitors with direct and practical experience in using Arbitration as a route to settlement in financial matters.
Dan is a member of Resolution, an organisation which believes in a constructive, non-confrontational approach to family law matters and campaigns for improvements to the family justice system.
- Advising two third parties in relation to their interests in a matrimonial dispute concerning an extensive property portfolio.
- Acting for a high net worth individual with a multi-jurisdictional portfolio of assets.
- Advising various clients as to enforcing financial orders against their former spouse.
- Advising parents wishing to relocate overseas with their children and also parents wishing to prevent such relocation.
- Acting for a number of parents in highly contentious contact and residence litigation, involving issues relating to rights to remain in the jurisdiction, potential abduction abroad and domestic violence.
- Resolving the financial aspects of a separation between cohabiting parents through Arbitration.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Jones Nickolds
Trainee Solicitor, Manches (now Penningtons Manches)
Resourcing Advisor, Barclays Commercial Bank
Human Resources Advisor, Lovells (Now Hogan Lovells)
Senior Recruitment Officer, Accenture
College of Law, BA (Hons) Law
University of Leeds, BA (Hons) International History and Politics