Bridget is a Consultant in the Recruitment Services Group in the Corporate department. She specialises in advising recruitment companies, clients of recruitment companies, MSPs, RPOs and umbrella companies on a broad range of recruitment sector specific matters.
Bridget advises on the recruitment industry regulatory regime (The Employment Agencies Act, The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations and The Agency Workers Regulations); recruitment process outsourcing; TUPE; terms and conditions of business for permanent recruitment; commercial contracts for temporary assignments; the recovery of introduction and temp-to-perm fees; tax law specific to the recruitment sector; tenders; Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate audits and investigations; and agency workers and the status of atypical workers.
Thanks to her extensive expertise, Bridget is often asked to present on issues relevant to the recruitment industry and she has been singled out by The Legal 500 for her "human resource outsourcing expertise."
- Advising Staffing 360 Solutions, Inc., a company executing an international buy-and-build strategy through the acquisition of staffing organizations in the United States and in the United Kingdom, on its acquisition of CBS Butler Holdings.
- Advising on numerous recruitment process outsourcing transactions and preferred supplier arrangements
- Advising a global defence company on the termination of a managed service agreement for personnel resourcing
- Assisting an IT recruiter with its tenders for major public sector contracts as a preferred supplier, including advising on the potential for contractor migration on termination
- Amending a prominent recruitment industry trade association's model contracts in light of the introduction of the Agency Workers Regulations
- Advising a number of recruitment businesses and an online provider in relation to Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate allegations of non-compliance with the recruitment industry regulatory regime
- Helping an engineering recruiter resist the forced migration of its contractors to a replacement preferred supplier
Consultant, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Blake Morgan LLP
University of Bristol, BA (Hons)