Ben is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution department.
Ben specialises in competition litigation, commercial litigation, international arbitration and other dispute resolution procedures, and has a wealth of experience acting for major multinational businesses across a broad range of sectors. He is particularly experienced in advising clients on third party funding arrangements and how to manage the financial risks of litigation.
Amongst his roles prior to joining the Firm, he led the Competition Litigation practice at Pinsent Masons. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Ben was a professional solo cellist, chamber musician and teacher.
- Advising a number of multinationals across a range of sectors in respect of competition damages actions arising from the European Commission's Trucks cartel decision;
- Advising the administrators of certain UK high street retailers in respect of competition damages actions arising out of multilateral interchange fees imposed by Visa and MasterCard;
- Advising a major international airline in relation to the multi-jurisdictional antitrust investigation into air cargo surcharges;
- Acting for a major European investment bank in connection with disputes arising under certain structured finance products involving proceedings in London and New York in excess of US$1billion;
- Acting for AAR (Alfa-Access-Renova) in its dispute with BP over the oil major’s attempt to form a US$16billion strategic alliance with Rosneft for the exploration of oil in the Arctic Circle; and
- Acting for a high net worth individual against multiple defendants in relation to email hacking (obtaining multiple third party disclosure orders and search and seizure orders to secure evidence).