In this next Tax Aware Seminar, we will be discussing what individuals moving to the UK need to think about for an easy and efficient relocation.
We will be focusing on the following key matters:
- Immigration: Applying for UK visas and citizenship, particularly in light of the recent rules changes and Brexit.
- Buying/renting a home: Explaining the process and checks involved in buying or renting a home in the UK.
- Real Estate Tax: Summarising the UK taxes payable on acquiring and holding UK residential property, and the alternative holding structures for second homes.
- Personal Tax: Assessing how moving to the UK might affect one's tax residence and domicile, and consequently their exposure to UK and cross-border tax liabilities, alongside UK tax filing obligations.
- HMRC enquiries: How HMRC deals with enquiries if they suspect an individual has become domiciled in the UK.