Whether for data breaches, regulatory failings or other misconduct that your sector regulator may want to know about, the issue of self-reporting is fraught with difficult calls. In this session, we will discuss the issues you (and your business) need to consider about self-reporting to regulators. Our panellists will provide practical guidance on whether, when and how to self-report.
Topics will include:
- The different considerations in play about whether to self-report, and the difficult decisions to make in that respect.
- The requirements of different regulators.
- What to consider where subject to competing thresholds from different regulators about whether to self-report.
- What the regulators think of self-reporting, from defensive self-reporting to valuable self-reporting.
- The importance of robust internal procedures for self-reporting (allocation of responsibility, approvals and confidentiality).
- The question of individual accountability.