Zachery is a Managing Associate in the Competition team in the Litigation department.
He has experience of competition litigation, mergers and acquisitions, antitrust, public procurement challenges and State aid. Prior to joining Mishcon de Reya LLP, Zachery trained at a national law firm and during his training contract was seconded to a British Overseas Territory for six months.
- Advising Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd in relation to its claim against MasterCard in the Competition Appeal Tribunal that MasterCard has illegally fixed the default multilateral interchange fee between issuing and acquiring banks.
- Advising John Lewis Plc in relation to its claims against MasterCard and Visa in the UK High Court that the payment card schemes have illegally fixed the default multilateral interchange fee between issuing and acquiring banks.
- Advising a major European electronics retailer on strategic dispute resolution options aimed at securing significant recovery of cartel damages without litigation.
- Advising an unsuccessful tenderer in relation to a procurement involving the competitive dialogue process for a contract to provide IT services.
- Providing acquiring and target companies with advice in relation to merger control regulations.
- Advising clients on claims in relation to anti-competitive agreements, concerted practices or abuse of dominance.
- Advising private sector companies on land agreements in relation to the Public Contract Regulations 2015.
- Providing public bodies and commercial entities with State aid advice.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee, Pinsent Masons LLP
The University of Law (Moorgate), Legal Practice Course
City University London, Law (Graduate Entry) LLB (Hons)
The University of Sheffield, History BA (Hons)