Sarah is a Managing Associate in the firm's Real Estate Dispute Resolution group, with a busy practice specialising in complex disputes relating to commercial and high value residential property.
Sarah is used to both representing clients in court proceedings (at County Court, High Court and Court of Appeal level) and providing strategic advice at any stage of a dispute.
Most recently, Sarah has acted for the successful claimant in High Court proceedings concerning the development of land subject to restrictive covenants, negotiated a settlement for a property promoter in relation to a disputed joint venture and negotiated a settlement for a developer in relation to a multi-million dispute at a large retirement village.
Sarah's commercial practice encompasses disputes relating to joint ventures, development agreements, possession of land, misrepresentation, estate agent commission and professional negligence. She also advises frequently on property management matters from the perspective of both landlord and tenant, including business lease renewals, forfeiture, rent and service charge arrears recovery, rent review disputes, breaches of lease, service charge disputes, dilapidations and property-related insolvency.
In her residential practice, Sarah advises commercial and private clients in relation to neighbour disputes, party wall claims, nuisance claims, freehold management company disputes, listed building proceedings, the recovery of deposits and consumer protection issues in the property context.
Sarah is recognised as a Rising Star in the Legal 500 Leading Individuals Hall of Fame.
- Acting for a client in a successful claim against the beneficiary of restrictive covenants for unreasonably withholding consent
- Negotiating a settlement for a developer of a 151 unit retirement village defending High Court proceedings
- Negotiating a settlement of county court proceedings for a tenant whose landlord had refused consent to alterations
- Negotiating a settlement for a client in a dispute with his former joint venture partner
- Acting for a client in a disrepair claim against his landlord at a super prime property
- Acting for a client in a loss of rent claim against a contractor who delayed a redevelopment project
- Acting for a property promoter in a joint venture dispute
- Acting for the successful landlord in lease renewal proceedings which reached the Court of Appeal on the question of rental value
- Acting for the corporate trustee of a will seeking possession of a commercial property occupied by a fellow trustee and other licensee
- Acting for a client defending listed building proceedings in the Magistrates' Court
- Acting for a client in appealing a Third Surveyor's award to the County Court in a party wall dispute
- Acting for a client in defending an adjoining owner's appeal to the County Court in a party wall dispute
- Acting for a client in the recovery of a holding deposit paid to an estate agent in relation to a super prime property
- Advising a retail tenant with an extensive portfolio in relation to various issues arising at its properties, including landlord and tenant dispute
- Advising a large car park company with an extensive portfolio in relation to various issues arising at its properties in its various capacities as landlord, tenant and sub-tenants
- Sarah speaks French and German.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, CMS Cameron McKenna LLP
Trainee Solicitor, CMS Cameron McKenna LLP
Legal Practice Course, BPP London
Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP London
BA (Hons) French and German, Brasenose College, Oxford