Raj is a Managing Associate in the Technology Group in the Innovation department. He provides pragmatic advice to a variety of technology-focused businesses that operate across a range of sectors throughout their business lifecycle, and has a particular focus on AI and machine learning.
Raj has experience (including in house) in drafting, negotiating, and advising on a wide variety of commercial contracts in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer contexts. Having been awarded the Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection (PC.dp) with Distinction, Raj is also able to assist clients in navigating complex data protection issues.
- Acting for a global corporation in the negotiation of various AI solution and data licensing agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating a complex software development agreement between a disruptor's AI-powered platform aiming to provide predictions on financial and cryptoasset markets.
- Negotiating the terms of a SaaS-based software development and maintenance agreement on behalf of a client wishing to purchase bespoke software for incorporating within a gaming app.
- Supporting a start-up developing a live entertainment app, including preparing various privacy-related documentation and policies, drafting end-user licence agreements, and advising on the use and implications of open-source software and emotional analysis technologies.
- Guiding a start-up developer identified in Forbes's '30 under 30' list of social entrepreneurs to watch in the piloting and launch of an edtech application aimed at the higher education sector.
- Advising a multinational specialist executive search company in achieving compliance with global privacy laws.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Collyer Bristow LLP
Associate, Sharpe Pritchard LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Lewis Silkin LLP
University College London, MA Comparative Literature
University of Law, LLB
University of Cambridge, MA (Cantab) Modern & Medieval Languages
Articles and Publications