Philip is a Consultant in the Real Estate Department and is the Firm's Chairman. He is an acknowledged industry expert on all aspects of property development and leasehold work.
Philip's clients are property developers, investors, lenders and corporate occupiers and include names such as Foxtons'; founder Jon Hunt, UBS Global Asset Management (UK) and London & City Group.
In 2005 Philip was awarded a CBE for his services to property law and in 2009 he enjoyed the rare honour of being appointed a Queen’s Counsel Honoris Causa for his work developing the practical aspects of property law.
Philip is a senior member of numerous key property bodies. He chairs the industry wide committee responsible for producing the Code for Leasing Business Premises and is a member of the Law Society's Land Law and Conveyancing Committee. He has been a member of the joint advisory committee of H.M. Land Registry and was the Law Society’s representative on the Government Sounding Board on Reform of the Landlord and Tenant Act. He is a member of the editorial board of the Law Society's Conveyancing Handbook and of the working parties responsible for producing the Standard Conditions of Sale and the Standard Commercial Property Conditions. Philip was also the lead draftsman of the RICS PACT scheme.
Consultant, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Chairman, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Mishcon de Reya
Partner, Victor Mishcon & Co
Qualified, Victor Mishcon & Co
Articles and Publications
Philip is an author and lecturer on land law. His publications include:
- Business Lease Renewals (EG Books).
- Handbook of Dilapidations (Sweet & Maxwell).
- Service Charges: Law and Practice (Jordans).
- Commercial Lease Renewals (Macmillan).
- Law Society Business Leases, a Draftsman Guide (Jordans).
- Checklist for Commercial Lettings (HS Publications).
- Interpreting and Enforcing Commercial Leases (Jordans).
- Stamp Duty Land Tax: a practical guide for lawyers (second edition) co-authored with Ann L Humphrey (Spiramus).
- Chairs the editorial board of the Law Society's Conveyancing Handbook.