Maggie is a Managing Associate in the Commercial Litigation group, with extensive experience advising clients on disputes arising out of commercial contracts, mergers and acquisitions, agency agreements etc.
She specialises in complex and often cross-jurisdictional commercial litigation across all sectors, but with a particular focus on civil aviation, transport and logistics, oil and gas and food and beverages.
Maggie also has extensive experience in bribery and corruption investigations, as well as the follow-on civil disputes which can arise as a result.
Maggie has been recognised as a "Future Leader in Litigation" by Who's Who Legal.
- Advising a global financial institution on its defence of claims brought by liquidators of Icelandic banks seeking rescission of historic bond trades in the lead up to financial crisis. This dispute took place in the Icelandic courts but concerned complex issues of English law on bond trading practices and insolvency clawback procedures.
- Advising a leading UK passenger transport plc on its successful defence against alleged wrongful termination of an operator agreement. This was a long-running dispute in the English Commercial Court which was of particular strategic importance to the client. The claim involved multiple pre-trial applications (including security for costs, RFIs and disclosure orders) and was successfully concluded with a full withdrawal of the claim and an order for the client's costs to be paid in full.
- Advising a major global engineering plc on its termination of a large volume of third party distribution agreements and managing the follow-on disputes that arose as a result (both arbitration and litigation). This was an international project, and involved disputes in multiple jurisdictions including Indonesia, the US, Norway and China.
- Advising a major UK alcoholic beverage plc in a share purchase agreement dispute which arose following the acquisition of another beverage entity.
- Advising high net worth individuals on claims involving agency agreements on the sale, design and build of private jets and superyachts.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Hogan Lovells International LLP
BPP Law School, London, Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course
Durham University, BA in English Literature