Jasper is a Legal Assistant in Mishcon Private.
He joined the Art Law team in 2019 and works on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious art matters for galleries, individuals, artists, artists' estates, collectors and other stakeholders in the art market; and for clients across Mishcon Private.
Prior to starting his career in law, Jasper worked for a commercial Old Master paintings gallery on Bond Street for nine years. Drawing on this experience, he brings a wealth of practical and hands-on knowledge of the art world to the Art Law team.
- Assisting clients on a wide gamut of non-contentious matters, ranging from sale and purchase agreements, loan agreements and consignment agreements.
- Working for clients in a high profile and valuable fraud claim in the High Court & Court of Appeal and in associated insolvency proceedings.
- Assisting Artists’ estates with the management of copyright and reproduction licencing requests.
- Working for a collector in a high profile claim in relation to Droit de Suite and the interpretation of implementing legislation.
- Assisting a client on issues arising from UK and Italian regimes of temporary import and export controls and licencing.
- Working in a team advising clients in a multi-billion-dollar multi-jurisdiction dispute involving allegations of deceit, forgery, unlawful means conspiracy and deliberate destruction of evidence.
- Assisting a car collector in relation to claims for misrepresentation and negligence following the sale of a vintage sports car at auction.