Georgia is an Associate in the firm's Private Wealth Disputes team in Mishcon Private.
Georgia acts for both claimants and defendants on a wide range of private client litigation.
This includes complex cross-border trust matters, claims pursuant to the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 ('the 1975 Act'), claims relating to intestacy and the validity of wills, claims concerning the beneficial ownership of property, lifetime gifts, issues arising in estate administration and Court of Protection matters.
Georgia has contributed to articles in the Solicitors Journal and Expert Witness magazine.
Georgia is a member of ConTrA (the Contentious Trusts Association) and COPPA (an association for Court of Protection specialists).
- Acting for the beneficiary of a will in respect of a will challenge and domicile dispute between Northern Ireland and England.
- Successful application to the Court of Protection to replace an attorney under a LPA in favour of an independent court-appointed professional deputy, securing the financial interests of the person lacking. capacity and enabling her daughter to have contact with her again.
- Acting for a spouse of the deceased in a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Defendants) Act 1975, resulting in a successful settlement and the transfer of the marital home to the client.
- Advising the administrator of an estate on their duties in respect of a possible mutual will situation and a resulting dispute between the potential beneficiaries.
- Acting in the reported case of Re B (a child)  EWFC 7 successfully obtaining an order that the child’s parent could receive the child’s inheritance in France, sell a property on their behalf and hold the proceeds of sale for them.
- Acting for the beneficiary of two multi-million pound trusts in relation to an application for an account of the trustees' activities spanning decades and a corresponding claim for the removal of trustees.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Russell-Cooke LLP
Trainee, Russell-Cooke LLP
Pembroke College, Oxford University, BA Jurisprudence (Law)
University of Law (Manchester), Legal Practice Course (LPC) combined with an MSc in Law, Business and Management
Articles and Publications