Ben is an Associate in the Family Department.
He advises on all aspects of family law, including divorce and dissolution of civil partnerships; financial remedy proceedings; jurisdictional disputes; private law children matters (including child arrangements and relocation); pre- and post-nuptial agreements; cohabitation agreements; adoption and international surrogacy. He has experience working for a variety of clients, including high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients, those with links to multiple jurisdictions, entrepreneurs, professionals and homemakers.
Ben has experience with cases determined in the Family Court, High Court and through alternative dispute resolution processes. Ben is a member of Resolution, a community of family justice professionals who work with families and individuals to resolve issues in a constructive way.
Ben speaks Spanish and has experience of working both in Spain and on several jurisdiction disputes involving the Spanish courts.
- Several jurisdiction disputes involving the Spanish courts, both pre- and post-Brexit.
- LSPO applications to include Williams v Williams  EWHC 3098 (Fam) and MG v GM (MPS LSPO)  EWFC 8.
- Enforcement matters including committal proceedings for non-disclosure and contempt of court.
- Financial remedy cases involving arguments of pre- and post-separation accrual, and disputes as to valuation, liquidity and beneficial interest.
- Children Act proceedings to determine child arrangements or questions of domestic and international relocation.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Assistant Solicitor, Vardags
Graduate Trainee, Vardags
Lincoln College, University of Oxford, History and Spanish BA