Andrew is a Partner in the firm's Corporate department, having been called to the Bar in 2001 before transferring to become a solicitor and qualifying in 2003. He is a highly experienced transactional and commercial advisory lawyer, specialising in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, shareholders' agreements and complex commercial contracts. His work is both in the UK and overseas, with a particular focus on entrepreneurs, start-ups, SMEs and bespoke contractual arrangements.
Andrew takes a frank and commercial approach to advising his clients, who rely on his counsel and his ability to act as a sounding board on matters affecting all aspects of their business.
He has advised businesses in a diverse range of industries, including fashion and brands, technology and online platforms, wholesale distribution, charities, media, healthcare and private members' clubs.
Andrew is intimately involved in all aspects of the firm's graduate recruitment process and vacation scheme, including interviewing, assessing and supervising students and trainees. He has delivered numerous training sessions both internally and externally and has given talks at BPP Law School and Leeds University. Andrew also acts as a mentor for entrepreneurs, including for one of our MdR Lab 2018 companies and as part of Walpole's Brands of Tomorrow initiative, a bespoke mentorship programme for aspiring British luxury brands.
- Advised 'edutainment' start-up Bright Little Labs Limited on the strategic investment by Turner International’s Digital Ventures & Innovation group for a significant minority stake and related ongoing commercial arrangements
- Advised experienced entrepreneurs Stephen and Janie Schaffer on their acquisition of iconic Italian fashion brand "Fiorucci" and international trade marks and assets from Edwin Co. Ltd, a Japanese subsidiary of ITOCHU Corporation (the global corporation listed on the Tokyo stock exchange) and their ongoing commercial arrangements in financing and re-launching the brand
- Advised WNS Global Services (UK) Limited on the establishment of a new ABS law firm and on their subsequent commercial arrangements with a major national legal services marketing organisation
- Advised the founders of a London private members' medical clinic in setting up the business and the underlying investment and shareholder arrangements through an offshore holding structure
- Advised registered charity The London Jewish Cultural Centre on its merger with JW3 Trust Limited and related commercial arrangements
- Advised Stylus Media Group Limited, the online subscription service providing intelligence to a number of industries including retail, technology and hospitality, on the initial investment by Hearst Interactive Media for a minority stake and on the subsequent acquisition of Tecnamedia, LLC (trading as Decoded) in the US
- Advised Catalyst Property Investments Limited (a joint venture between GI Partners, Rowan Asset Management and Taurus Investments) on its £82.7 million acquisition of Aldwych Investments Limited, which owns the freehold of Aldwych House, London W1. In connection with the purchase, advised Rowan on its appointment as asset manager of Aldwych House, in which capacity it is overseeing a major refurbishment of the building
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Called to the Bar, Middle Temple
Leeds University, English BA (Hons)