Andrew is a Managing Associate and Solicitor-Advocate in the Commercial Litigation team.
He is an experienced lawyer having advised clients in a number of high profile and complex matters. He advises clients across a number of sectors such as financial services, healthcare, construction, technology and insurance. He also has experience acting for governments and state organisations. He has a particular focus on English court proceedings, but also has significant experience of public inquiries, investigations (both regulatory and internal), mediations and crisis management.
Andrew is a pragmatic lawyer with strong judgement, remaining calm under pressure to provide clients with the most practical, commercially focused advice.
- Acting for Edgeworth Capital and Aabar Investments in a series of High Court and Court of Appeal proceedings arising out of a €2 billion property transaction. In addition to claims involving the enforcement of contractual rights, CPR 71 applications, and economic torts, this also included advising on one of the largest personal bankruptcy petitions issued in the UK.
- Advising a FTSE100 company responding to a major product liability issue in the Far East involving crisis management, responding to government and other international committees, and both civil and criminal proceedings.
- Advising an international construction group in relation to a specific and high profile event in the UK. Involved representing the company in one of the largest public inquiries conducted in the UK and associated litigation.
- Advised the investment arm of a leading UK insurance company in relation to a FCA investigation for systems and controls failings and associated litigation – ultimately resolved through mediation.
- Advising News Corporation in relation to phone hacking litigation.
- Acting for a leading UK supermarket facing 1000s of claims from current and former employees under UK and EU equal pay legislation.
- Representing Boris Berezovsky in various English court proceedings, including his claim against Roman Abramovich (Berezovsky v Abramovich  EHWC 2463).