Alex is an Associate in the Real Estate department, specialising in contentious construction law.
He is experienced in dealing with the resolution of construction disputes through the courts (including the Technology and Construction Court), adjudication (both statutory and contractual), arbitration and alternative dispute resolution including mediation.
Alex advises on a wide range of construction documentation, being familiar with various standard form construction contracts as well as professional appointments and collateral warranties. His clients are property owners, developers, contractors, sub-contractors, consultants, purchasers, funders and tenants.
Recently Alex has represented:
- A high-end residential client in an adjudication over the final account value properly payable to the contractor;
- A developer in dispute with their contractor over defective works, entitlement to an extension of time and the final account;
- A luxury interior design company at both adjudication and mediation against their clients concerning non-payment of fees;
- A start-up fitness enterprise in a professional negligence action against their project manager/contract administrator;
- A PLC housing contractor in both adjudication and litigation against a housing association;
- A high net-worth individual in arbitration against a residential contractor over serious defective works to their property; and
- An international hotel investment trust in ongoing dispute with their contractor.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Goodman Derrick LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Goodman Derrick LLP
Queen Mary, University of London, Politics