Mishcon de Reya's Innovation Department was named IP Team of the Year at the Luxury Law Awards, held at the British Museum on 22 June 2022.
The award recognises our role advising luxury brands on innovations in areas including NFTs and the Metaverse, helping to shape the way this new technology is used and guiding innovative brands who are eager to take advantage of new possibilities to diversify their offering.
Our team works across multiple sectors on issues that span:
- the licensing of content or buying and selling land within the Metaverse;
- buying and selling NFTs;
- drafting consumer terms and conditions (Ts&Cs) and FAQs to accompany an NFT or other smart contact;
- collaboration agreements with content creators to create physical and virtual goods;
- brand protection and enforcement and other IP issues;
- competition Ts&Cs; and
- ESG considerations for creating, buying, selling and auctioning digital assets on various blockchains.
The 10th annual Luxury Law Awards, which are organised by Global Legal Post and followed the annual Luxury Law Summit Europe at the Museum, recognise the legal teams who support and guide luxury businesses, business leaders and brands to success.