Mishcon Charitable is a series of round-table afternoon discussion forums specifically aimed at charity representatives. These forums will address key issues of relevance to those in the Third Sector. To find out more, or to enquire about the forums, please contact Andrew Goldstone.
Previous Mishcon Charitable fora include:
- Thursday 11 October 2012 - Controlling the Risks of Social Media - Words of Encouragement to the Charity Sector
Hosted by Emma Woollcott, Associate (Mishcon de Reya)
- Tuesday 25 June 2012 - Case Law Update - Will Challenges
Hosted by Constance McDonnell, Barrister (3 Stone Buildings)
- Monday 30 April 2012 - Islamic Laws of Inheritance and Wills
Hosted by Ahmad Thomson, Barrister (Wynne Chambers): view report
- Wednesday 5 October 2011 - Charitable Legacies in 2011
Hosted by Andrew Goldstone, Partner (Mishcon de Reya)
- Thursday 14 July 2011 - Is there life after death for charity legacies?
Hosted by Mark Herbert QC (5 Stone Buildings)
- Monday 28 March 2011 - Dealing with Property Properly: considerations affecting dealing with charitable land
Hosted by Jeremy Cousins QC (11 Stone Buildings)
- Monday 14 March 2011 - Independent Schools Forum
Hosted by Annette Cafferkey (Arden Chambers), David Levin (Headmasters' Conference) and Christopher McCall QC (Maitland Chambers)
- Monday 14 February 2011 - Making it Work for Charities: employment issues
Hosted by Will Winch (Mishcon de Reya)
- Monday 17 January 2011 - Killing the Golden Goose - hosted by Marilyn Kennedy-McGregor (11 Stone Buildings): view report
- Monday 13 December 2010 - Taxing Problems for Charities - hosted by Andrew Cosedge (3 Stone Buildings): view report
- Monday 8 November 2010 - Government & Governance - hosted by Mark Studer (Wilberforce Chambers): view report
- Monday 4 October 2010 - Dealing with Property Properly: considerations affecting dealing with charitable land - hosted by Jeremy Cousins QC (11 Stone Buildings): view report
"Thanks to you and Hajj Ahmad Thomson for the fascinating talk about Islamic legacies. The insights were invaluable."
Meg Abdy, Legacy Foresight Ltd
"Thank you very much for having Leonora and I to the Charity Form with Mark Herbert yesterday. We found it very informative both in terms of recent changes to UK inheritance law and also in hearing from charities and foundations about the difficulties they have encountered in maintaining their position as beneficiary of an estate."
Georgianna Vaughan, Artists Collecting Society.