Timothy Folaranmi is a Managing Associate Barrister, Professional Support Lawyer, in the Dispute Resolution department.
Timothy has experience of complex investigations in the areas of White Collar Crime, Fraud and Regulatory having completed secondments with the Serious Fraud Office and Financial Conduct Authority. He has also worked on cases for HMRC and the Government Legal Department. He previously helped to update the chapter “Frauds on Investors” – with particular emphasis on FSMA 2000 and The FSA 2012 - in the Butterworths looseleaf publication of Fraud: Law, Practice and Procedure.
He has also advised on Anti-money Laundering, Client Due Diligence and Counter Terrorist Financing policies, procedures and controls.
Prior to joining the bar, Timothy worked as an analyst at Goldman Sachs in the AML Client-Onboarding Department onboarding clients for Emerging Market and the Investment Banking Divisions.
He provides support across the Dispute Resolution team, with a particular focus on White Collar Crime, Tax Disputes & Investigations and Fraud Defence.
- Advised private entities engaged in alternative investments in asset classes such as fine art, commercial property and oil on their AML, CDD and CFT polices.
- Operation Swaffham: an FCA regulatory investigation into multinational insurance company for failures relating to non-advised annuities sales
- Operation Neptune: evidentiary review for Ministry of Defence multimillion pound construction dispute.
- Disclosure Counsel for HMRC Ingenious Films.
- Seconded to the Serious Fraud Office Proceeds of Crime Unit and Fraud Division E
- Seconded to Financial Conduct Authority Enforcement and Market Oversight Divisions
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Barrister, 187 Fleet Street Chambers
Barrister (Secondee), Financial Conduct Authority
Barrister (Secondee), Serious Fraud Office
AML Analyst, Goldman Sachs
Brunel University, International Politics
BPP Law School, GDL, BVC