Sophie is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution department, specialising in insurance disputes and commercial litigation.
In the insurance sector, she acts for policyholder clients, including corporate clients and high net worth individuals, on coverage disputes.
Sophie's work spans a wide range of areas, including Financial Services, D&O, Professional Indemnity, Employment Practices Liability, Pharma, Product Liability, Retail & Consumer, Property Losses, Business Interruption and Cyber.
Her practice also covers a variety of commercial disputes, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and shareholder disputes.
Sophie has been involved in claims for institutional funds, including claims arising from investments in rights issues under FSMA s90.
Sophie is a member of AIRMIC and BILA.
- Working on a s90 FSMA claim against former Directors of a listed company in relation to misstatements made in a rights issue prospectus
- Advising a large Pharmaceuticals company in relation to potential Employment Practices Liability claims
- Advising a large corporate in relation to an insurance broker negligence claim
- Advising a HNW individual in relation to coverage for a goods shipment that had been confiscated by Chinese customs
- Advising a HNW individual on coverage for property damage and Business Interruption due to severe flooding
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Clyde & Co LLP
Trainee, Clyde & Co LLP
Oxford University, Law
Articles and Publications
- Client Briefing: Betting & Gaming: Data Breaches – prevention and cure
- Client Briefing: Damages for Late Payment of Insurance Claims