Audrey Dwyer is a Managing Associate in the Firm's Litigation department.
Audrey is an experienced commercial disputes lawyer. She has acted for clients in a variety of matters before the High Court in London, in various arbitrations, both institutional and ad hoc, and mediations. Audrey has a broad international practice which covers commercial litigation, international arbitration, insurance/reinsurance matters and competition litigation. She represents clients across financial services, energy, retail, telecoms and life sciences industries.
Audrey advises clients on issues such as contract and joint venture disputes, freezing and injunction procedures, and general commercial disputes. She has represented clients in complex cross-border disputes in jurisdictions including Kazakhstan, Bulgaria, Italy, South Korea, Kuwait, the British Virgin Islands (BVI), and Estonia.
Alongside dispute work, Audrey has frequently advised clients on contractual and operational issues arising in their businesses.
Audrey currently represents Microsoft in its cartel damages claims against Sony, Panasonic, LG Chem, Sanyo and Samsung SDI in the High Court. Audrey also represents John Lewis Plc in claims brought against MasterCard and Visa.
- Advising Microsoft in relation to its claim against various manufacturers of lithium batteries in the UK High Court for breach of EU and various domestic competition laws.
- Advising John Lewis Plc in relation to its claims against MasterCard and Visa in the UK High Court that the payment card schemes have illegally fixed the default multilateral interchange fee between issuing and acquiring banks.
- Acted for a party in complex multi-jurisdictional freezing injunction proceedings relating to the default on a very high value loan by the borrower in the Commercial Court.
- Represented a reinsurer in complex and high value proceedings in the Commercial Court arising from its reinsurance of refund guarantee risks in the shipbuilding sector.
- Acted for London market reinsurers in Commercial Court proceedings concerning a claims control issue in a construction all risks policy.
- Advised reinsurers in relation to a claim brought under a bankers' blanket bond reinsurance policy.
- Acted for the defendant in Commercial Court proceedings in respect of a dispute arising under a share purchase agreement between parties in the telecoms sector.
- Advised private clients in relation to media-related claims in the High Court arising from the interception of their mobile telephone voicemails by a well-known (now defunct) newspaper.
- Represented a party in LCIA proceedings involving a claim brought under a tax deed of indemnity in connection with the acquisition of an oil company.
- Acted for the claimant in LCIA arbitration proceedings in respect of a dispute arising from breach of post-closing covenants in a share sale and purchase agreement, and in subsequent proceedings involving challenges made pursuant to both the LCIA Rules, and the Arbitration Act 1996.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Senior Associate, Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP
Junior associate (prior to that Trainee Solicitor), Norton Rose Fulbright