Amber is an Associate in the Competition group in the Innovation department.
She has experience of competition litigation, competition advisory work, merger control and foreign direct investment, sanctions advisory work and third party litigation funding arrangements. She also has experience of follow-on competition collective action claims gained through working on one of the first collective proceedings applications to be made in the Competition Appeal Tribunal.
Prior to joining Mishcon de Reya LLP, Amber trained and qualified at a national law firm and during her training contract was seconded to AS Watson for six months. Before starting her career in law, Amber spent a year in Hong Kong on an international graduate programme teaching English.
- Advising Asda, Curry's, Iceland, John Lewis, Sainsbury's and Wilko in relation to claims against the European Trucks Cartelists in the English High Court.
- Advising an international fertiliser company on the competition law aspects of the potential acquisition of the business unit of a large competitor and co-ordinating relevant foreign direct investment filings across Europe.
- Advising an international group of companies on issues arising from the imposition of sanctions.
- Advising a multinational telecommunications conglomerate on customs laws and requirements related to equipment required for the launch of their services in the UK.
- Advising a proposed class representative on an application for a collective proceedings order in the Competition Appeal Tribunal to permit it to bring follow-on proceedings arising out of a European Commission decision.
- Advising on an interim funding appeal in respect of the third party funding arrangements in place in an application for a collective proceedings order.
- Advising clients on claims in relation to anticompetitive agreements, concerted practices or abuse of dominance.
- Advising a local authority on alleged competition law breaches in relation to its transport service.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Weightmans LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Weightmans LLP
BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course
London School of Economics and Political Science, Master of Laws
University of Sussex, Law LLB