Alison is a Managing Associate in the Residential Property team. She joined Mishcon de Reya as a professional support lawyer in 2013, having qualified in 1999. Alison specialised in estates and residential conveyancing and acted for a variety of landed clients, onshore and offshore companies, institutions and charities. She has a great deal of experience working with private individuals as well as corporate entities.
Alison has extensive experience in leasehold enfranchisement and lease extension claims, acting for both landlords and tenants. She has also provided general legal advice and support to estate managers and land agents on tenancy agreements, boundary issues, sales off including cross rights and overage, auction sales and other matters related to estate management.
Alison supports the team by assisting with fee earner training, professional development and practice development.This includes creating and updating precedents, developing risk management procedures and answering legal queries.
Alison works closely with our legal tech engineers to find innovative ways to use our existing software applications and create new in-house applications. She plays a key role in assessing the viability and implementation of new IT and tech, such as document automation and AI.
- Creating a suite of automated documents for use from matter inception to matter closing for the residential real estate team including a report on title.
- Working with IT start-up to assess and refine conveyancing related product proposals.
- Providing legal advice and support arising from estate management issues including service charges, licences, breaches of lease and restrictive covenants.
- Acting on collective enfranchisement, lease extensions and freehold enfranchisements on the major London Estates, including Leasehold Valuation Tribunal matters.
- Advising in relation to private and auction sales of estates in numerous lots including drafting of cross rights, overage and restrictive covenants.
- Acting on high value, high speed residential and estates sales and purchases.
- Advising on the grant of and drafting new long and short term residential leases and leases of agricultural property.
- Providing legal advice and support arising from estate management issues, including service charges, licences and breaches of lease as well as advising in relation to restrictive covenants.
Professional Support Lawyer, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor Farrer & Co
Solicitor Bircham Dyson Bell
College of Law - Guildford
King's College University of London & Passau University Germany, LLB Law and German Law