Sophie is a litigator in the Reputation Protection group, within Mishcon Private. She advises on all aspects of reputation protection, including defamation, privacy, breach of confidence, harassment and data protection. Sophie has been involved in high-profile media litigation and advises clients pre- and post-publication, often on an urgent basis.
She is also a supervisor for the SPITE (Sharing Public Images to Embarrass) project, which in partnership with Queen Mary University provides pro-bono legal advice to victims of image-based sexual abuse (also known as "revenge porn").
Before qualifying into the Reputation Protection group, Sophie gained experience in the Art Law, Immigration and Employment groups at Mishcon de Reya.
- Acting for a US-based wellness organisation in a complex defamation claim against a UK broadcaster.
- Providing pre- and post-publication advice to various clients including high-profile individuals, family offices, businesses, and media organisations.
- Preparing a submission to a consultation on the draft Online Safety Bill for the consideration of the Public Bill Committee, with a focus on image-based sexual abuse.
- Acting for clients in claims under the UK GDPR and making Data Subject Access Requests.
- Acting for politically exposed clients against due diligence organisations (e.g. World Check, Bridger).
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
BPP Law School, LPC
London School of Economics and Political Science, LLB