Michael is a litigator in Mishcon Private. He specialises in reputation protection, advising individuals, companies and institutions on defamation, breach of confidence, invasion of privacy, harassment and data protection issues.
Michael also has a broad range of experience in commercial litigation and acts for high net-worth individuals and companies in a range of complex disputes.
- Representing a former Russian senator in defamation claim resulting in the award of £110,000 in damages.
- Acting for a high-profile entrepreneur in relation to defamatory allegations made against him in the national press and online.
- Advising a well-known businessman in relation to defamatory allegations of tax evasion made by a broadsheet paper.
- Advising the unsuspecting subject of a surreptitiously filmed Channel 4 documentary.
- Advising a well-known client in successful attempt to remove false online reviews.
- Acting on behalf of a number of claimants in the NGN and MGN phone-hacking litigation.
- Acting for a Swiss charitable foundation in relation to the construction of an opera house in Lucerne.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Farrer & Co
Trainee, Farrer & Co
London School of Economics, LLM (Intellectual Property)
L'Université de Poitiers, Erasmus
Trinity College, Dublin LLB