Michael is a litigator in Mishcon Private advising UK and international individuals, companies and charities. Michael specialises in reputation protection, advising on defamation, breach of confidence, invasion of privacy, harassment and data issues. He is also an experienced commercial litigator with broad advisory and trial experience in complex commercial disputes.
Michael regularly trains journalists, PR and other professional advisors in relation to publication concerns.
- Representing a high-profile billionaire philanthropist and wealth management company in a complex and high value commercial dispute in High Court proceedings.
- Acting for a Swiss charitable foundation in an international trust dispute in connection with the construction of an opera house in Lucerne litigated in the High Court of Bermuda.
- Acting on behalf of a world-renowned academic in relation to defamatory allegations of academic misconduct, breach of contract and breach of data rights.
- Acting for a philanthropist businessman and political donor, and political campaign group over the course of the EU referendum campaign.
- Advising both complainants and subjects of allegations of sexual misconduct made in the wake of the #MeToo movement.
- Providing post-publication advice to a well-known individual in relation to defamatory allegations of tax evasion made by a national broadsheet publication.
- Preventing broadcast of a surreptitiously filmed and potentially extremely damaging Channel 4 documentary.
- Acting for private individuals in relation to of breach of privacy, harassment and blackmail.
- Representing a number of claimants in the NGN and MGN phone-hacking litigation.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Farrer & Co
Trainee, Farrer & Co
London School of Economics, LLM (Intellectual Property)
L'Université de Poitiers, Erasmus
Trinity College, Dublin LLB