Hazel is a Partner within the Commercial Litigation team. She works on high value, complex litigation, involving claims for breach of contract, fraudulent misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty and negligence. She has particular expertise in acting for Claimants in group litigation, but also acts for Defendants. Her work can be multi-jurisdictional and she therefore liaises with other teams across the Firm to co-ordinate global strategy.
Hazel works closely with litigation funders, and has an in-depth knowledge of the particular issues that arise in funded claims and how best to navigate these.
Hazel also has experience of representing families at an inquest and is a member of the cross-departmental Inquests and Inquiries team.
- Representing a group of 113 Claimants in the Ingenious Litigation, bringing claims for fraudulent misrepresentation, negligence and breach of contract, arising out of their investments in the Ingenious film financing schemes.
- Representing an individual who is the subject of claims for breach of fiduciary duty in Bermuda and the UK, is participating in investigations in Switzerland and is a witness in criminal proceedings in the US.
- Representing a large cinema chain in a contract dispute with one of its suppliers.
- Represented a group of professional investors in the RBS Rights Issue Litigation, bringing claims under FSMA s90 and s90A.
- Represented a private healthcare provider, defending a breach of contract claim and allegations of impropriety against a large health insurer.
- Represented the family of a teenager who died while in the care of a private psychiatric hospital.
- Represented the family of an individual who took their own life while the subject of a workplace investigation.
Articles and Publications
"Harassment Act allows for easier claims", The Lawyer, 11 September 2006.
Awards and Accolades
Assistant Solicitor of the Year, The Lawyer Awards 2007.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya