We are committed to being a socially active and responsible business.
Mishcommunity is our Corporate Social Responsibility programme. It has been developed to formalise our commitment to give time, money and resources to good causes and to manage the social and environmental impact of our day-to-day activities. The programme gives everyone at the Firm the resources to use their creativity and entrepreneurial spirit to help those in need.
Through Mishcommunity, the Firm has made the following commitments to good causes:
- To invest in microfinance projects in developing countries through Kiva (a charity that facilitates person-to-person micro-lending). We are committed to helping those who have the drive and determination to work to give their families a better future.
- To support the LEWA Educational Programme by paying the salaries of six teachers and covering the costs of a feeding programme at Ngare Primary school and Ngare Day Secondary.
- To support local children’s charity, Coram.
- To distribute funds to charities nominated by our staff.
- To encourage our fee earners to do fifty hours pro bono work each year. Click here to view a selection of our pro bono clients.
- To encourage payroll giving.
- To continue to be carbon neutral.
These commitments build upon existing firm initiatives and implement the ideas and suggestions generated by our employees and partners.
We are proud to have created a programme which provides our staff with a range of opportunities to engage with good causes both locally and overseas. However, we are also proud that Mishcommunity is not prescriptive. It encourages and enables staff to use their energy and initiative to drive charitable projects themselves.
For the sixth year running, Mishcon de Reya is one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For. We have risen significantly in the tables during this period and, in 2013, are the 12th best company to work for in the UK.
All of our Partners are Solicitors of England and Wales and we are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under SRA number 68218 www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/code-of-conduct.page.
Telephone: +44 20 7440 4748