Zeno is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution department.
Zeno acts for high-net worth, international individuals and businesses on complex contentious matters. His experience includes work on applications regarding the operation of Worldwide Freezing Orders and Search Orders and acting for defendants in civil fraud matters involving complex and extensive disclosure processes.
He has also gained significant experience in the Private department, which he brings to his current role, including work on high-value cross-border trust disputes; commercial claims involving shareholders' agreements and directors' duties; data protection; reputational matters; capacity disputes; and charity law.
- Worked on a successful appeal on behalf of a Russian businessman to the Court of Appeal regarding living expenses permitted under a Worldwide Freezing Order. Also successfully resisted an appeal by the opposing side in respect of the same matter
- Worked on a successful application brought to permit business expenses under a Worldwide Freezing Order, in which the opposing party alleged a conspiracy to defraud
- Worked on successful applications seeking security for costs at different stages during proceedings, resulting in the Claimant being ordered to pay significant amounts into Court
- Worked on responding to an application for directions by an overseas bank in respect of a Search Order, which resulted in restrictions on disclosure of information obtained pursuant to the Search Order subject to the provision of undertakings by individuals from the Claimant and from its funder in respect of use of the information obtained and submission to the jurisdiction
- Worked on bringing harassment proceedings against a foreign litigation funder who had conducted a 'bounty-hunter' style publicity campaign. Also successfully obtained permission to serve the proceedings out of the jurisdiction.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Paralegal, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Oxford University, Philosophy, Politics and Economics