Mark is a Partner in the Employment department and a commercial employment law specialist. His practice embraces all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law for corporates and individuals.
Mark regularly advises senior employees across a range of sectors, most notably in the financial services and media sectors. Mark also has extensive experience in the sports industry, having represented a number of Premier League clubs and players.
Mark's litigation practice includes High Court cases concerning high value and complex bonus disputes and the enforcement of post-termination covenants. He has also been involved in numerous complex cases in the Employment Tribunal covering unfair dismissal, redundancy, discrimination and whistleblowing claims.
Mark is a regular contributor to the Employment Law Journal and is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
Mark was one of the Financial News 40 under 40 Rising Stars in Legal Services 2014.
- Mark acted for Michael Johnson in his highly publicised disability discrimination claim against Fortress Investment Group, a major US based hedge fund.
- Successfully represented 21 ex-Dresdner bankers in a highly publicised four year battle in the High Court against Dresdner/Commerzbank for unpaid bonuses. [Anar & Others v Dresdner Kleinwort Ltd (1) and Commerzbank AG (2)].
- Successfully represented Cardiff City FC in its highly publicised dispute with their former Manager, Malky Mackay. The dispute covered proceedings in the High Court, Employment Tribunal and the Premier League Managers' Arbitration Tribunal.
- Mark regularly acts for senior employees and directors, particularly in the banking, recruitment and property sectors, in negotiating contracts of employment, team moves to competitors and remuneration and termination packages.
- Mark represents a number of companies in providing day-to-day strategic and general employment advice.
- Mark regularly acts in relation to the enforcement of post-termination covenants and duties of confidentiality. Mark has successfully obtained and defended injunctions on behalf of several of his clients.
- Mark has extensive experience of Employment Tribunal and High Court litigation, having acted in a number of complex and high value cases for breach of contract, wrongful dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Manchester University: BA Politics and Modern History
Articles and Publications
Regularly contributes to the Employment Law Journal.