Eloise is an Associate in the Intellectual Property department, within the Brands Group.
She specialises in the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights, with a particular emphasis on brand management and trade mark proceedings.
Eloise has experience of litigation proceedings before the High Court and Court of Appeal, as well as experience of UK and EU trade mark registry proceedings. She was also the lead associate in the Sky v SkyKick proceedings before the High Court and Court of Appeal.
Eloise also has in-house experience from the fashion industry (Burberry) and the media & entertainment industry (NBC Universal), and completed her Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law at the University of Oxford in 2018.
- International trade mark portfolio management.
- Experience advising on intellectual property disputes, with a particular emphasis on trade mark, design right and copyright disputes.
- Experience of trade mark and design registry proceedings, including before the General Court in Luxembourg.
- Lead Associate in the Sky v SkyKick proceedings before the High Court and Court of Appeal, and working on the reference to the CJEU.
- Particular interest in non-traditional trade mark rights (such as shapes, colours and patterns). Experience working on the Court of Appeal proceedings concerning Cadbury's application to register the colour purple as a trade mark. Further experience advising fashion brands in relation to pattern marks and position marks.
- In-house experience in the luxury fashion industry and the media & entertainment industry.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
IP Counsel, Burberry
Associate, Wiggin LLP
Trainee, Charles Russell LLP (now Charles Russell Speechlys)
University of Oxford, Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law
UCL, Master of Laws (LLM)
University of Bristol, Bachelor of Laws (LLB)