David is an Associate in the Family department. He advises on all aspects of family law including divorce and subsequent financial proceedings, cohabitation disputes, disputes concerning children and nuptial agreements.
He also has experience of claims for financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
According to Leading Counsel and Joint Head of Chambers, Charles Geekie, David is "Quiet, unassuming, but always, in reality, one step ahead of us".
David completed his training contract at Mishcon de Reya and undertook seats in Corporate Tax, Property Litigation and Trust and Succession Disputes. Prior to joining Mishcon de Reya, he worked as a paralegal managing a caseload of public children law, welfare and mental health cases.
David is a member of Resolution, an organisation which believes in a constructive, non-confrontational approach to family law matters and campaigns for improvements to the family justice system.
- Representing a spouse in relation to a claim for financial provision pursuant to the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975.
- Advising a beneficiary of a significant landed estate in relation to the removal of a trustee and contesting the appointment of a judicial trustee.
- Advising an international trust corporation on the exercise of discretionary powers.
- Representing a beneficiary in relation to challenging purported trustee decisions.
- Advising a spouse in relation to potential claims surrounding her husband's significant international estate.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Paralegal, Weightmans LLP
Paralegal, Fisher Meredith LLP
Cambridge University, Social and Political Science BA (Hons)
University of Law, GDL and LPC