Caroline is a Managing Associate who specialises in intellectual property. This includes trade mark, design right and passing off cases and domain name disputes involving submissions to Nominet and WIPO for retrieval of disputed domains. Caroline has an impressive track record in obtaining and executing High Court injunctions.
Caroline acts for a broad range of intellectual property owners, including those in the computer, pharmaceutical, luxury goods and clothing industries. She advises Microsoft on a wide range of claims, including multi-million pound worldwide injunctive actions. As a member of Mishcon's Fashion and Retail Group, she advises fashion and retail companies, large and small, on all aspects of brand protection.
Caroline was called to the Bar in 2001 before transferring to be a solicitor. She is a member of the International Trademark Association (INTA), Young Fraud Lawyers Association (YFLA) and Fraud Women's Network (FWN).
- Advising Microsoft on various trade mark and copyright infringement claims, including multi-million pound injunctive actions.
- Acting for large pharmaceutical companies in respect of claims regarding counterfeit medicines.
- Obtaining and executing numerous Search Orders, Freezing Orders and Disclosure Orders for a variety of clients.
- Acting for Gucci, Lacoste, Speedo, Kickers and other high-profile fashion brands on claims for registered and unregistered design right and trade mark infringement.
- Acting for liquidators in a multi-million pound claim for recovery of company assets.
- Recovering numerous domain names on behalf of well-known brands, through both WIPO and Nominet proceedings.
- Acting for a well-known property investment and development company on the recovery of confidential information.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Assistant (Barrister non-practising), Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
Paralegal, Mishcon de Reya
Paralegal, BBC Legal Department
Called to the Bar
Inns of Court School of Law (BVC)
College of Law (PgDL)
University of Edinburgh, History MA (Hons)