Benedict is a Partner in the Corporate department. He specialises in UK and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, with a particular interest in real estate-related transactions including advising on and the structuring of real estate acquisitions and joint ventures.
Benedict has advised a wide range of real estate clients including CB Richard Ellis, Capital & Counties Properties Plc, The Pears Group, Delancey, Manhattan Loft Corporation, Matterhorn Capital and Brookfield Properties. He also spent two years acting as in-house counsel for Brookfield Properties.
As well as the real estate sector, Benedict also practices across a broad spectrum of other industries and sectors including acting for start-up and fast growth companies such as Mariana Capital Markets, Capcom Limited and Quotient Bioresearch.
- Advising Quotient Bioresearch on the disposal of various divisions including the sale of Quotient Clinical to Bridgepoint Development Capital
- Advising Mariana Capital Markets LLP on its joint co-operation arrangement with Gilliat Financial Solutions, the structured products business of Arbuthnot Latham & Co., Limited
- Advising a UK investment firm on a joint venture for the development of student housing
- Advising Capcom Limited on various acquisitions and investments in the Nigerian telecoms sector
- Advising a Singaporean investor on the acquisition of a UK property owning SPV
- Advising a UK developer on joint venture arrangements for the development of an area of a major UK city
- Advising Manhattan Loft Corporation on its involvement in the Chiltern Street Hotel
- Advising a UK investment bank on a joint venture investment for the development of a UK office property
- Advising Matterhorn Capital on the sale of Earls Court & Olympia
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (Europe) LLP
Associate, Coudert Brothers
Qualified, Coudert Brothers
College of Law, Chester PgDL and LPC
Durham University BA (Hons) Russian