On Thursday 11 April, we were delighted to attend StateZero Labs’ Demo Day 2019. Based in Kings Cross, London, StateZero is a blockchain incubator which was co-founded by Tazz Gault and Katie Mills in 2018 and has been turning heads with its progressive, inclusive and solutions-focused approach to incubating young tech start-ups.
The Demo Day was a culmination of many months of hard work by the StateZero team, the first cohort (known as ‘StateOne’) and their network of partners and mentors, which we are proud to count ourselves among. Tazz and Katie welcomed the audience and reminded us of their two core values which make their incubator unique: humanity and solutions always come before technology and products, and their belief that happy founders make for healthy businesses.
We heard briefly from the brilliant Imogen Bunyard, COO of Qadre and non-executive director of StateZero, who told of her pride in seeing StateOne’s growth over the past few months first-hand.
The wider StateZero team, consisting of Emma Rice (Head of a Marketing), Charles Kerr (Marketing Associate) and Caroline Komuhangi (Programme Manager), introduced each of StateOne in turn, being:
- TokenBlocks - which aims to improve data integrity in respect of fund investments;
- Ehab - which provides a data management and process automation tool and aims to be the platform through which all construction data flows,
- eTEU - which provides a digital platform for freight forwarders and SMEs,
- Deputi.ai - which seeks to reduce the time and frustration spent on business critical tasks and admin, thereby freeing-up businesses to grow and be their most creative, effective and strategic selves,
- MyResonance - which helps companies to ensure their core values resonate across their employee base through the world’s most powerful engagement factor: social recognition,
- Remixology - the world’s first global platform matching rights holders and professional remixers, and
- Super Global - which matches innovators with the capital, capabilities and communities to develop breakthrough tech solutions to social and environmental problems.
Each StateOne company provided short, punchy pitches and demonstrations. They are all seeking to raise funds over the next six - twelve months, and did a tremendous job in pitching to the investors in attendance.
We are huge fans of StateZero and passionately support their core values and mission. We wish the StateOne companies all the very best as they continue their adventure and we can’t wait to meet StateTwo!
If you have any questions about StateZero Labs, please feel free to get in touch - email@example.com. You can also follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn (in each case, @StateZeroLabs).