Mishcon de Reya has launched a new programme offering free legal advice and mentoring to early-stage tech businesses.
Businesses awarded a place on the programme will be given access to Mishcon’s Technology Group – an integrated team of more than 40 lawyers drawn from their corporate, IP, finance, tax, employment and regulatory practices, working alongside non-legal specialists in the fields of data protection, cyber security, blockchain and data science.
Andrew Wolfin, Corporate Partner and M:Tech lead comments: "At Mishcon, we believe that supporting exciting young businesses in this crucial phase of growth will enable them to navigate the myriad challenges they may encounter, safe in the knowledge that their business is properly protected. With the right expertise, legal advice and guidance from the start, they should be well placed to flourish and reach their potential."
Mishcon have launched several tech initiatives in recent years, demonstrating their commitment to the potential of tech to transform the future of legal services. Their own legal tech incubator, MDR LAB is now in its third year and they have invested in two of the participating companies since its launch in 2017.
What the M:Tech programme offers:
- A dedicated Mishcon lawyer as a first point of call, providing general legal/commercial advice for up to six months free of charge
- Access to key legal documents free of charge
- Discounted fees by up to 50% for any specific legal advice required which falls outside of the day-to-day business issues – e.g. fundraising, EMI/employee incentives, data protection, cyber, real estate, litigation
- Access to Mishcon business and networking events designed for founders of fast-growth businesses (e.g. The Leap)
- The potential for Mishcon to invest in your business, in return for a small equity stake
Who the programme is for:
To be considered for a place on the M:Tech programme, businesses should be:
- Based in the UK and in the first three years of operation
- Generating revenue, with at least one active client or pilot
- Contemplating a significant fundraising within the next six to 18 months
Mishcon are particularly (but not exclusively) interested in businesses operating in the following sectors:
- Life Sciences
- Leisure & Retail
- Financial Services
- Cyber Security
To find out more about the M:Tech programme click here.
Global Legal Post