A partner in our Employment Department, Mark is a commercial employment law specialist. His practice embraces all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law for corporates and individuals alike. Mark regularly advises senior executives across a range of sectors, most notably in the financial services sector.
Mark's litigation practice includes High Court cases concerning the enforcement of post-termination covenants and bonus disputes. Mark is similarly at home in the Employment Tribunal in complex cases covering unfair dismissal, redundancy, discrimination and whistleblowing claims.
Mark is a regular contributor to the Employment Law Journal and is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
Mark is one of the Financial News 40 under 40 Rising Stars in Legal Services 2014.
- Successfully represented 21 ex-Dresdner bankers in a highly publicised four year battle in the High Court against Dresdner/Commerzbank for unpaid bonuses. [Anar & Others v Dresdner Kleinwort Ltd (1) and Commerzbank AG (2)].
- Mark regularly acts for senior employees and directors, particularly in the banking, recruitment and property sectors, in negotiating contracts of employment, team moves to competitors and remuneration and termination packages.
- Mark represents a number of companies in providing day-to-day strategic and general employment advice.
- Mark regularly acts in relation to the enforcement of post-termination covenants and duties of confidentiality. Mark has successfully obtained and defended injunctions on behalf of several of his clients.
- Mark has extensive experience of Employment Tribunal and High Court litigation, having acted in a number of complex and high value cases for breach of contract, wrongful dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing.
|Partner, Mishcon de Reya |
|Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
|Qualified, Rosenblatt |
|Manchester University: BA Politics and Modern History
Articles and Publications
Regularly contributes to the Employment Law Journal.